Best Non-Motorized Trails
Great riding on dedicated, paved, non-motorized trails are great for families and seniors looking for a few hours of fresh air, or an entire day in Northern Michigan’s outdoor playground. We have compiled some of the best (and most user friendly) non-motorized hard surface trails in all of Northern Michigan.
Top Non-Motorized Biking Trails
Each of the following trails are really well marked and have completely paved or hard pack natural surface where mountain/cruiser bikes are ideal for use.
- Betsie Valley Trail (All non-motorized)
- Cadillac Foot and Bike Path (portions share the road)
- Clam River Greenway (All non-motorized)
- Fremont Town and Country Path (All non-motorized)
- The Edge Pathway (All non-motorized)
- Hart-Montague Trail (All non-motorized)
- Ludington State Park (portions share the road)
- White Pine Trail (All non-motorized)
The “Essential 9”
Road Biking Checklist
- Navigation (compass or gps)
- Sun Protection
- Spare Tube & Pump/Air Shot
- Illumination (headlamp/flashlight)
- First Aid Kit
- Portable Rain Gear
Access the top Family Friendly Hard Surface Biking Trails in the Region
Click on a marker to select and learn more about the trail.
Betsie Valley Trail
Cadillac Foot and Bike Path
Clam River Greenway
Ludington State Park Bike Trail
White Pine Trail
The Edge Pathway
Fremont Town and Country Path
Unplug. Explore. Michigan's Great Outdoors.
The Michigan's Great Outdoors collaborative consists of five Northern Michigan counties all working together to promote tourism in the region. With so many hiking, biking, winter sports, and ORV trails in the region that dynamically connect these counties, this site is devoted to educate the first-time visitor to the region looking to explore the great outdoors for the first time. We welcome you to browse this site and explore all this region has to offer.